Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blessings through it all

Counting my blessings today that we live in Michigan which has good government insurance programs for fragile kids and that our primary insurance through Kevin's work is pretty good.  I know of at least one person who has moved to a different state, one that is moving and one that may have to pick up everything and move just to get their children the medical attention they need to survive.  I am not talking just moving for a better doctor.  I am talking about moving to get their children home care to get out of hospitals and to be able to afford the supplies needed to keep their children breathing and eating.

I also am thankful that we had good doctors to diagnose Luke early and that they have all seen Moebius in some form.  This makes things lots easier.  Also I never had doctors tell me that Luke would not walk, eat, function normally cognitively or live.  Many parents with Moebius have been told some awful things but their kids have risen above it all.

I am thankful that we have fairly stable nursing and very few days of no coverage.  This is a rarity I have found, especially in a rural area.  Yes I get all worked up becuase there are issues in dealing with a nursing company and nurses in your house ever day, but those nurses are there, ever day.

There are so many things that God has blessed us with through all the awfulness of having a child with large medical issues. 

Thank you God for being there with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment