Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fluid in the ears

So it has been determined that Luke has fluid in his ears.  Right now he is getting an antibiotic to see if it will clear it up.  We will check it in 6 weeks and if there is still fluid he will be getting ear tubes.  This is a new adventure for us, one of many.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  Luke's does not swallow well becuase of his Moebius Syndrome and always seems to have a runny nose (we suspect he may have allergies) so I understand why fluid could just build up in his ears and that the tubes could really help.  He just doesn't seem to be that affected by it and so I am cautious about this.  Ear tubes are common and seem to help a lot of kids.  I guess it is just one more thing on top of the many many "things" that go with Luke.  Feel free to post comments with advice or tips.  I am all ears ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment